Monday, November 26, 2012

~The Night of the Party~        

  I see him standing there. With that smile of pride and confidence. For the longest time I hated it. Sometimes I pretend it doesn't bother me, when I know inside, it burns me. I know what he did to her last summer. I watched with my own eyes. She walks around this school in heavy sweaters and dark make up. how do people not know? Why don't I tell someone? Is it because he threatened to kill me? Or because she made me promise not to say a word.
          Ashley Thomas. One of my classmates. We weren't really friends. The only time we talked was if we were partnered up with each other during an assignment. Sometimes I wish I would just ask her why. But I know she'll hate me if she hears me bring it up. So I won't.

         It was Friday night, not much was going on just a late party that seemed to go on for too long. I walked out the back with my jacket on. I walked around looking for where I parked my car. "Let me go!" I heard a scream from behind me and I looked back. I saw Ashley and her boyfriend Greg fighting. He was trying to get her to lay in the backseat of his Ford pickup truck.
          "Just once, babe, that's all I ask for" He tried to drag her in, but she kept kicking.
"I said no Greg, knock it off!" She punched him on the shoulder "You have two seconds...to put...me down!" She got away and ran toward the house. I pulled my keys in my front pocket and walked up towards him
          "Leave her alone Greg!" I yelled "Or i'll call the police"
         "You don't scare me, you little bitch!" He yelled back
          "Ash, i'll take you home" I called out to her.
          "Yea, that'll be fine, thanks" She walked towards me, almost running. But then he snatched her again.
          "I told you I was taking you home, now get in the truck," He punched her in the face. She fell to the floor as I hurried to help her. He kicked me in the ribs and I let out a cry.
          "I'm calling the cops!" I screamed. He kicked dirt in my eyes and I let go of Ashley. She held her face and cried as she tried to get up. He picked her up over his shoulder and ran over to his truck. He slammed the backseat door and waited as the lights faded. I held my ribs as I ran toward the truck. He locked it. I banged on the window and started to scream "Open the door, or i'll call the cops!" I started to cry in a panic. "I'm telling everyone at the party!" I let go of the handle and tried running to the door of the house. Holding my side.
           He must of been planning to do this tonight, because his friend Ron, hurried to catch me. "Go away!" I yelled.
         "Where do you think you're going?" he laughed "I'm sick of you being a little cock blocking bitch! We all know you can suck a mean dick," He laughed "Get on your knees bitch!" He threw me to the floor and I reached into my pocket for my phone. He snatched it. "You won't be needing this, kay?" he spit in my face and threw the phone. I got up and ran back to the truck where I saw Ashley run out with no pants.
         "Ashley!" I called out. She ran into the darkness of the trees. "Ashley!" I ran toward her. Both Greg and Ron went back in the house.
         I saw her kneel in the bushes and started to pray. Ashley was a very religious girl from the south. "Ash" I knelt beside her, "You Okay?" I laid my hand on her shoulder. "I'll take you home"
        "Go away please, we both need forgiveness." I looked at her confused.
         "I don't...I don't understand"
         "You could have saved me Olivia, but you didn't. I should have never came here." She prayed. "Leave me here, i'll be fine." She got up, and stared me in the eyes. "Don't ever tell anyone what happened here tonight. Understand?" I nodded, confused.
          "I tried to save you, I'll take you home. And we'll forget everything. I won't say a word. I promise." I looked around the trees.
          "Greg is taking me home."
          "He raped you!"
          "Shhh! Nothing happened!" I saw a bruise forming the the moonlight.
         "He hit you!"
          "It was my fault!" She walked back to his truck and sat in the passenger side.
          "No, Ashley, you're coming with me!" I tried to pull her out of the car, when Greg suddenly pushed me down.
          "Go home bitch" He laughed and walked around towards the drivers side. He started the car. I got up. Ashley rolled up her window and starred out the windshield.
            "Ashley!" I banged on her window. No response. They drove off. Leaving me standing there. I went to look for my phone. The screen was badly cracked and the battery was missing. I threw it back on the ground and started looking for my keys.
            When I got home I went on Facebook and saw that she posted on her wall saying, she had a great night. She tagged Greg and all her friends.
           Ever since that night, they have been together ever since. She's three months pregnant. And she was kicked out of her house. They have never spoke to me since.

No comments:

Post a Comment